Guided study course with up to 4 other students
- Lesson: Concepts in Business and Self-Employment
- Lesson: Geography Basics
- Lesson: Destination Geography
- Lesson: North American Aviation and Airports
- Lesson: International Travel
- Lesson: Rail and Road Travel
- Lesson: Cruising
- Lesson: World Tours
- Lesson: The Hospitality Industry
- Lesson: Meetings and Marketing
- Lesson: Building a Travel Itinerary
- Lesson: Travel Agent Skills
Hands on study
- Lesson: The Clientbase System
- Lesson: Booking Better Travel 101
Private study with Andrea
This segment will be done with Andrea King at the Anywhere But Here Travel, Inc. offices or in a satellite location. Here is where you will witness the everyday ins and outs of a travel agency. You will obtain hands-on knowledge to consult with clients on the best travel options, and educating them where they can save, where they should splurge, etc. Also included in this segment is more detailed processes of booking the top destinations, how to choose your specialties and where to spend your time when it comes to further education in the travel industry.
At the completion of this course, you will have a 1 hour coaching session to evaluate how you would like to proceed with your new knowledge of the travel industry. An agent position is not promised by taking this course. However, some students are invited to hire Anywhere But Here Travel, Inc. as their host agency. This and other options will be discussed in this coaching session.
Important to note: The plan above will consist of no more than 9 days of guided study, hands on study, and test preparation. Private study will be decided on after you receive a passing grade on your TAP certification, but will be no less than 1 day.
For purposes of this plan, a day is no more than 6 hours and includes 2 breaks and a lunch hour.
Total for the above plan is $9,897
Ask about payment plans or financing options.
Why choose Andrea King for your Travel Agent Career Training?
- Our travel agent course helps prepare you to take The Travel Institute Travel Agent Proficiency Test* upon graduation to get your travel agent certification. Your exam fee is included as part of your tuition, which means no additional cost to you!
- Your up-to-date curriculum includes important topics, such as geography, national and worldwide air travel, cruises, lodging and accommodations, corporate travel, and reservation systems.
- Our travel agent courses teach you the procedures for managing bookings and reservations.
- Our certificate course includes access to training simulation for popular reservation software systems.
- Our travel agent training includes numerous virtual field trips to Internet locations that will expand the depth of your instruction and assist in the development of your personal resource collection.
Travel Agent Training Certification
Andrea King Travel Agent Career Program partners with The Travel Institute to provide you with a valuable opportunity to take the Travel Agent Proficiency Test. Upon passing the TAP Test, you’ll obtain the TAP Certificate of Proficiency.
Why take the Travel Agent Proficiency (TAP) Test through The Travel Institute?
- The Travel Institute is the education destination for all travel professionals, promoting a standard of industry knowledge and excellence since 1964.
- The TAP Test is the national standard for entry-level training and is the first step towards professional recognition in the travel industry.
- Taking the TAP Test and earning the TAP Certificate of Proficiency allows students to demonstrate that they have mastered the basics of the travel industry.
Your Travel Agent Course Includes:
- Comprehensive learning guides
- Exams and assessments
- Access to online training simulation for popular reservation software systems
- Access to The Travel Institute Travel Agent Proficiency (TAP) Test* and TAP Certificate of Proficiency, if passed (cost included in program tuition)
- Personalized Career Guidance and one-on-one coaching with Andrea King
- Ability to interact with staff of Anywhere But Here Travel
- Ability to interact with other program students through a private forum or group page
- *Certification Exam Requirements: Certification exam prerequisites vary. Please check with The Travel Institute for their requirements.